November 4, 2015

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic Photo Diary

November 4, 2015

After checking airfare for the Dominican Republic and seeing how cheap the flights were, my family spontaneously decided to book a trip. My sister and I stayed for one week while my parents stayed for two. I've been to DR many times before, the first time being when I was 5 years old. In case you didn't know, I am Dominican. I was born and raised in New York but my parents were born in DR. DR is awesome for a getaway tropical vacation. There are so many great locations to visit including the city of Puerto Plata.

We stayed in Playa Dorada, a large area in Puerto Plata that has several hotel resorts that are right near the beach. We stayed at the Grand Paradise hotel. Every time we go to Puerto Plata we always stay in this hotel. With everything all-inclusive let's just say we couldn't stop enjoying the unlimited food and drinks. We arrived to Puerto Plata in the late afternoon. Twenty minutes after checking into our hotel the craziest thunderstorm happened. I'm talking very very loud thunder. So what did me and my sister do? We put on our bikinis and we hopped in the jacuzzi under the rain. And no we didn't get pneumonia! It was actually so much fun.

The next day we woke up to the brightest sun and decided to go to the beach. We wanted to get as much beach time just in case it started raining again. However when we got to the beach it was filled with seaweed. We've been here before and were surprised to see the beach in this condition. But after speaking to some locals we then found out why the beach was like this: It had not rained in Puerto Plata in almost a year so the recent storms kept washing the dirt and seaweed to the shore. Hence why we spent most of our time at the pool. But it was all good: pina coladas by the pool? Fine by me!

The rest of the trip was filled with food, drinks, and dancing. At night the hotel hosts entertainment for the guests where they have contests and karaoke. It was fun to socialize with the other guests and to learn where they were from. My sister, who was celebrating her 27th birthday during this vacay, even participated in one of the contests. Let's just say it was hilarious! I definitely enjoyed my mini-vacay and I know I'll be back in DR sometime again soon. Take a look at some of the photos from my trip below:





Fresa (strawberry) ice-cream. Yum!


On our way to Puerto Plata.


Wearing Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick in Lady Flower. One of my absolute favorites!


With the birthday girl: my sister!


Glossier Cocounut Balm Dotcom. Perfect for the beach!



Wearing Smith & Cult in Fauntleroy. Can't get enough of this color!






Have you been to the Dominican Republic? What's your favorite place to visit for a tropical vacation? Make sure to keep up with me on my Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Five Twenty One © 2014